Friday, 20 February 2009
Wednesday, 18 February 2009
It has intrigued me for the last few hours. Yes I know what it means but in a Meeting House... well it made me laugh anyway! I wish I had a friend called Jake, Jack or Jacques so that I know that someone would be privy to my mind and humour also.
Tuesday, 17 February 2009
Monday, 9 February 2009
- Peter had an appointment and after discussion thought he knew where he was going
- The appointment was cancelled once due to snow and re-arranged
- Peter set off to be there at the appointed time
- Peter couldn't find a sign though he thought he found the place. He asked several people who said he was on the right road because where he was asking them it changed its name - and like many places in Sheffield did not have street sign
- Peter found the place he thought he was supposed to be reinforced by the information given by the people he asked
- Peter wandered down passing the car park as that was obviously for the block of flats and it must be the building behind he thought he needed
- It wasn't so Peter walked back but the gates had been closed and were electronically locked
- Peter wandered looking for a way out. A former gate he saw had been nailed closed when he got there
- No sign off life in flats from front so Peter wandered around imagining having to wait for ages or if the police might be the best option to call though it might be a waste of time but in the snow who knows
- Peter saw condensation coming from heating vent from flat in darkness
- Peter knocked on door and after a few words through the door it was opened
- A stranger came out and said they'd seen me wandering around. I explained the situation and though they had seen me wandering they came and let me out. What trust.
There has been a learning situation here from me in many ways. We should not fear being lost - indeed I believe Sheffield Ramblers, or a similar organisation, had the motto 'Who ever has not been lost has never been anywhere!'.
Certainly at one point I felt trapped, as I have never been in a gated place other than a car park before, but thanks to the stranger who did not have an over 'Suspicious Mind'.